LABOR’S FAIR GO PLAN FOR YOUNGER AUSTRALIANS
Labor has launched our plan for a Fair Go for Younger Australians.
After almost six years of cuts and chaos under the Liberals, our united Labor team is ready to deliver a fair go for young Australians.
Labor understands the pressures younger Australians are under. Labor will work to restore young people’s trust in politics.
- Appoint a Minister for Young People.
- Restore funding to the Australian Youth Affairs Coalition.
- Restore penalty rates.
- Waive upfront fees for 100,000 TAFE students.
- Provide 150,000 additional Apprentice Incentives – up to $8,000 for employers and $2,000 for apprentices.
- Take real action on climate change.
- Make sure Australia’s live music industry is thriving.
- Ban gay conversion therapy and support young LGBTIQ Australians.
- Abolish the exploitative Youth Jobs PaTH internships.
- Review the adequacy of Newstart and Youth Allowance.
- Uncap uni places – so 200,000 more people can go to university.
- Introduce a New Jobs Tax Cut to give small businesses an incentive to put on additional employees aged under 25.
- Close unfair tax loopholes that benefit the top end of town.