MORRISON’S BIZARRE ANNOUNCEMENT ON A TIDAL POOL FOR PORT MACQUARIE
Scott Morrison breezed into Port Macquarie today on a vote buying exercise.
All he did was buy a non existent project which is nothing more than a idea.
It is clear, the tide is going out on his prime ministership.
Mr Morrison in Port today announced $4.5 million for a tidal pool.
Now to the facts…
The NSW Government announced $50k for a feasibility study into this project. It is understood the work hasn’t been done.
So, the Prime Minister has announced funding for a non-existent project:
- We don’t know if it is technically feasible
- We don’t know if it is environmentally feasible
- We don’t know how much it costs
- It hasn’t been considered by the community
- It hasn’t been considered by Council
- It hasn’t been through state planning processes
Further, Council told me there’s no consensus yet as to whether the community would prefer a tidal pool, an upgrade to the current indoor aquatic centre or a completely new indoor aquatic centre.
This is a premature, ill-considered and vote-buying PR announcement by the Prime Minister today.
While here, he said nothing about the big issues:
- Addressing our youth unemployment crisis – the second highest level of any region
- Helping the 2,000 plus people on the local aged care home package waiting list
- Helping the 2,000 plus people on the local public housing waiting list
- Helping the 3,200 people on the local public hospital waiting list
- Helping 2,750 pensioners who lost their pension or have had it cut under his government
- Helping the one in five children who live in poverty on the NSW North Coast
- Fixing our second rate deployment of fibre-to-the-node and Fixed Wireless NBN internet.
Port, Coffs, Kempsey and the mid-north coast deserves better than what we got from Scott Morrison today.
Note: all statics are sourced here: https://changecowper.com/todo/
THURSDAY, 9 MAY 2019