The National Party has spent the past years claiming credit for projects initiated by the former federal Labor Government.
The truth is, the only contribution by the National Party to these was to turn up at the openings and cut ribbons.
For the record: the former Federal Labor Government invested $7.9 billion on the Pacific Highway – six times the amount the former Howard Government invested over 12 years.
Projects opened since 2010
1. Oxley Highway to Kundabung (23 km opened in 2017)
2. Kundabung to Kempsey (14 km opened in 2017)
3. Kempsey Bypass (15 km opened in 2013)
4. Frederickton to Eungai (27 km opened in 2016)
5. Warrell Creek to Nambucca Heads (20 km opened by June 2018, six months late)
6. Nambucca Heads to Urunga (22 km opened in 2016)
7. Sapphire and Woolgoolga (25 km opened in 2014)
8. Woolgoolga to Ballina (155 km – to be completed in 2020)
9 Ballina Bypass (12 km opened in 2012)
10 Tintenbar to Ewingsdale (17km opened in 2015)
11 Banora Point (3km opened in 2012)
12 Coffs Harbour Bypass Concept Design (2008)
The Rudd/Gillard federal Labor Governments provided $7.9 billion and the NSW Labor and Liberal-National Governments provided $2.5 billion.
Updated: 13 December 2018